22 Church Street
The Palmer Building Circa 1910 has a long history and is truly a Landmark for the Northern Neck and Kilmarnock. The original building was a wood frame building built as the Eubank Hotel and operated together with the Eubank General Store. In 1909 it was destroyed by fire. In 1910 the hotel was rebuilt with brick and metal roof. This is the structure that still stands in a somewhat modified form today. The 1910 version was the Cox Hotel, later sold and renamed the Richard Lee Hotel. In 1962 the building was sold to American Standard Products Corporation and in 2008 sold again to current owner who renamed the building after her grandfather, John Armistead Palmer, who started the annual Holly Ball of the Northern Neck in 1895 as a private Yuletide party and continues today. This historic building, with beautiful moldings, floors and more, has been brought back partially on two of the 3 levels. The third floor and cupola are next to be restored. The building is on a prime town lot with parking space in the rear and fronts on Church Street.
Office: (804) 436-9145